Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love Actually

Binfu Tang
Author: Richard Curtis
Genre: Comedy, drama & romance
Date started: 23/Feb/2011
Date finished: 28/Feb/2011
Describing the book
The novel talks about love in some families before Christmas.
Peter and Juliet are getting married, but no one else is feeling so happy. Jamie loses his girlfriend. Mark loves a girl who won't be his girlfriend. Sarah's love for her brother makes it difficult for her to find a boyfriend. Harry's love for his wife is going to be tested by a beautiful new employee. Billy Mack, an ageing rock star, is alone after a lifetime of singing about love. Daniel's wife has died. The new British Prime Minister is a very lonely man.
The characters are falling in love and falling out of love. Love begins and love ends. They flirt a lot. They are all flirting with love. At all ages and social levels, love is the theme.
Responding to the book
I think it is a good book. It tells us how to love at different ages and social levels. We don't feel to be afraid before love. Reading this book, I believe it can change my attitude and lifestyle. If I love some girls, I will tell them that I love them. I won't be afraid of love or of disappointment in a love affair. Because I loved I won't feel regret.
The book is good, because its content is very good. It's right for intermediate, because the words are perfect for students of that level.
If others want to read this book, I think they can feel love around them.

3 comments: