Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Singer, Not The Song

Sabrina Hu
Author: Liz Driscoll

>When & Where Is It Set
This book is set on a Saturday afternoon at Tony's house.

>The Main Characters
The main characters in this book are Tony, Cindy, Rob, Lucy and Brock.

>What Happens
Tony, Rob and Cindy are in a band together. Rob writes Cindy a love song and she ignored him because she doesn't like him. He dies and she felt bad because she was mean to him and then she quit the band. Tony needs Cindy to sing with him for a record deal but she is too sad and always thinking of Rob. In the end Lucy got Cindy to sing with Tony and they are together.

>The Theme
It is friendship and not being selfish.

>The Message
Try to be happy and not sad all the time, or you will lose a friend.

Response

I did not like this story because I did not like Cindy. However, I learnt not to think about myself all the time through reading this book. The best thing about this book is that the pictures help.
I would you rate the book as fair because I could understand the words through the pictures, but I don't like the story. The English level of the book is about right. This book is an easy read for English students.

4 comments:

  1. When I read Sabrina's book blog I think Cindy is very selfish :( But I want to read this book, because I like such a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to read this book because maybe this book is good and move my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god, what are doing. this is book report. no it is not looking the report. you did not saw anything just a picture and the drewing is not beautiful. next time you shoud find a nice picture and put on the screen. then it will absorbed my eyesight. job so so. shoud do again.forgive me my lovely classmates.

    ReplyDelete