Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes

Vic (Ren Yufei)


Author: Eleanor Coerr

Genre: Non-fiction

Read between: 2.26-3.1

Published in Australia and New Zealand in 2002

Main character: Sadako


Sadako was a girl who lived in the period of the Second World War. Her strong will to live encouraged lots of people in hard times. She created a thousand paper cranes wishing that she can live a simple life.


Theme: The topic is simply about life. Sadako's brave behaviour encourages people to treasure the life they already have


Response:
This book is based on a true story, so it is so good for me and it attracts me to read. Through reading it I learned that life will be senseless without wishes. Before I read the book, I seldom thought about the meaning of life and hopes. However, after I read this book, I realized that life is beautiful and hopeful, it is really lucky to live in this world and it is quite fortunate to have a chance to study overseas. Therefore I will treasure life more and more, plus I will enjoy every single day.

The best thing of this book is that, it gives us wishes and Sadako's spirit warms up our hearts. The worst thing of this book is that, the main character died at quite a young age. So the end is not good.

The book is good, because the words are not too difficult to read. The level is right for me. I would recommend this book to my classmates.

6 comments:

  1. I have read this book for this week. It is a good book. I think that we ought to live in hopeful life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had read this story in Japan. I want to try this story in English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought that you can learn a lots thing from this book. i want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't never read this book. I want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete