Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes

Binfu Tang

Author: Eleanor Coerr
Genre: Non-fiction
Date started: 5th March, 2011
Date finished: 8th March, 2011

Describing the book:
Sadako was a Japanese girl who was two years old when the atomic bomb was dropped, near her home. Much later she was diagnosed with leukemia. She was hospitalized on February 21,1955. She was living through her strong will and as a result she encouraged lots of people who were also suffering in the hospital. Thinking of a Japanese story that promises that anyone who folds a thousand paper cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, she created a thousand paper cranes in the hope that she could simply live.

Responding to the book:
I think it is a good book. It's a true story. I learned from it that life is fragile, but we can have wishes for life. Before I thought my life is living in a metropolis playing everyday. After I read this book, I think life is living in hope. We should have a simple life which is good for our life. No matter if we have a very difficult problem, we must believe life will be changed for the better.
The book is good because I could learn some words from it (e.g leukemia, crane, condition, progressively). The level is right for me.
I would recommend this book to my classmates.

3 comments:

  1. Nice report, Binfu.
    Do you like japan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you known her before you read this book?
    i havent known her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had read this story in japanese but I want to try in English!

    ReplyDelete